Early Morning Fire Damages West Beatrice Home

Early Morning Fire Damages West Beatrice Home

BEATRICE – A small fire in a kitchen area sent Beatrice Firefighters to a one-story home in west Beatrice, early Friday morning.

The fire happened at a house located at 203 Wiebe, which is along the west side of a gravel street.

:15                  “in that area”

Fire Chief Brian Daake says firefighters arriving there encountered dense smoke in the house.  The heater was located in the wall just inside the main entrance to the house.  An electrical failure is suspected to be the cause of the fire, which damaged the kitchen area.

:02                  “$5,000 worth”

Daake said the lone occupant of the home woke up, discovered the fire and was able to get out of the house without injury.

The fire damage was confined to the area of the heating unit and the wall.  The home remained habitable.  Firefighters used a pressure fan to remove smoke from the building.

Beatrice Firefighters were called out at 3:09 a.m. and returned to fire headquarters at around 4:20.

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.

Share:
Comments