COLUMBUS – A community staple, which has been going on for almost as long as anyone can remember, Lawn Chairs on the Square begins this Thursday in Frankfort Square.
It’s a tradition people of all ages can enjoy.
“You’ll see two, three, four generations sometimes here on Thursday nights at Frankfort Square. It is, it very much is a big Columbus tradition,” the coordinator of the Columbus Downtown Business Association, Barb Siedlik says.
Not only will there be plenty of entertainment on Thursday nights, but there will also be plenty of food.
“We’re gonna have our funnel cakes, our Gottberg root beer floats, our hotdogs, our polish dogs, popcorn. You know, all of the cool things that go along with the concession stand,” Siedlik adds.
The entertainment is perfect for all community members.
“That’s what we’re here for. We’re here for the community and we all enjoy it,” says Siedlik.
Lawn Chairs on the Square kicks off on June 16 at 6:00pm and will feature area dancers from iDance Project, Barb’s School of Dance & Desiree’s Dancers, and Lynette’s Dance Studio.
Lawn Chairs on the Square Schedule:
-Thursdays in June, July, and August at 7:00pm
- June 16 – iDance Project, Barb’s School of Dance & Desiree’s Dancers, Lynette’s Dance Studio (starts at 6:00pm)
- June 23 – Freedom Road Band
- June 30 – Columbus Jazz Orchestra
- July 7 – Toasted Ponies Bluegrass
- July 14 – Rocks in a Pocket
- July 21 – The Brits Music of the British Invasion
- July 28 – Urkoski Orchestra
- August 4 – USAF Offutt Brass & Friends
- August 11 – Consonaires & VoiceHouse Quartet Cruisin’ Band
- August 18 – Columbus Community Band